our family adventures, projects I find on pinterst and try myself, home updates & of course, our little guy

Monday, August 5, 2013

It's PARTY time!!!

I debated James' 1st birthday party for a long time...

How many guests?  A meal or dessert?  Time to have it?  Theme or no theme?  And of course all on a budget!!
I am 100% sure I drove my husband nuts with how many times I changed my mind...although he is probably getting pretty used to it by now!  

So the final decision...an open house at our home from 2-4pm with dessert only and a Thomas theme...and the guest list finally had to stop at 75!!  Since people are more important to us than anything I opted for more people and less of a party!  And the People made the party AMAZING!!!  We also asked for no gifts (if they couldn't celebrate without a gift we asked them to consider his college fund).  Of course, he still got gifts and very generous donations to his college fund!

The morning of the party I baked 100 cupcakes, 48 brownie cupcakes, and 48 chocolate chip cookies!  It was a little stressful toward the end, but completely worth it and completely worth the money we saved by doing the baking myself!


Every month I take James' photo in my Grams' chair so all of the monthly photos were displayed for all to see how much he has changed!


Grandpa and Mimi got his this tricycle...I love the way he is looking at Daddy here! 


James had some of HIS friends over too!  He and Declan had lots of fun with the outside toys once the party thinned out!  Leah (Declan's Mama) and I grew up across the street from eachother.  We are 6 months apart and our boys are 4 months apart!  We hope they will be lifelong friends too!



 

We didn't get hardly enough photos of the day!  James had tons more family and friends over to visit and celebrate his birthday!!  The final guest count was 55!

Thank you all for love, support and generosity to our precious baby TODDLER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment