our family adventures, projects I find on pinterst and try myself, home updates & of course, our little guy

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Forget your daily pill?? I've got a solution!

A birth control implant!  I was searching birth control options and found Nexplanon!  I'm super excited about this!  The implant is a small, plastic rod similar to the size of a toothpick, but a little shorter.  The amazing thing is the implant is good for 3 years...and no daily pill!!  YAY!!!  This busy mama doesn't have time or brain power to remember a daily pill...even with two alarms telling me to take it!

So a few days ago I went to my OBGYN and had this little thing placed!  The process is some iodine, a local anesthetic, and then insertion of the implant.  The anesthetic had a little stink to it, but nothing more than any other shot.  After that I didn't feel a thing.


Anesthetic and implant in insertion device

Immediately after I started bruising...oh the blessings of fair skin!


That night the bruising was worse and here's a shot of the site with no gauze!



A day post op and I'm having some discomfort, but nothing a mama who's been to 9 cm without an epidural can't handle!!

Now we wait to see if there are any nasty side effects....

No comments:

Post a Comment