our family adventures, projects I find on pinterst and try myself, home updates & of course, our little guy

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A rare night indeed!



Tonight is a night so rare I haven’t had one since our little boy was born!  

It all started when I called Matthew after I got off work @ 6 (Thursdays are my only “late night”!).  He says that he and James talked about what they wanted to do tonight and they decided to make the journey to Carmel to meet Matthew’s friend Adam’s parents.  I say journey, but this is Matthew’s daily drive to work!  So the BIG question…what is this Mama who hasn’t been alone in the house since her baby was born going to do with this new found freedom…ok…let’s not get carried away Stacy…it’s realistically an hour, maybe an hour and half!! 


Mama's treats!

Mama’s night to herself started with a stop at the store to get some supplies because my monthly friend is back and with a vengeance!!  Does Aunt Flo get mad because she hasn’t been allowed to visit for 10 months?!?  I don’t understand this!!  But while checking out I did splurge and got myself a kit kat!  Mmmmmm!!!!  




Once home I took a loooong hottttt shower and oh boy did it feel great!!  Next came my oversized sweatpants and my BAZINGA shirt…because it’s Big Bang Theory night!!  Then I started dinner—pork chops on the grill and homemade mashed potatoes!  What great comfort food!  As I sat down with my plate of yummy food and started writing this post…my boys were home!!!  So there’s was my 53 minutes of alone time!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment